We have a fantastic opportunity for Java developers to join a growing and expanding organisation in a number of locations across the UK.
As a Java Developer, you will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary Agile Scrum team and will sit at the heart of the transformation of our client’s services. By using Agile methods you will be involved in all elements of development to ensure a continuous focus on how the service will be used and be involved in service design, code build, test, maintenance and support.
Key elements of the role will include:
Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an Agile environment that meet well-defined user needs and participate in the rapid development of user-driven Digital prototypes;
- Work in cross-functional teams to write and test production quality, sustainable code for world-class new and existing systems;
- Ensure that new and updated digital services are thoroughly tested for performance and are able to handle specified load;
- Contribute to a culture of continuous service improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved;
- Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment;
Skills and Experience:
- Basic Test-Driven development
- Experience developing and using web-based APIs (especially HTTP REST-based APIs);
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, junit;
- Experience working on technical projects within an agile team;
- Understanding of the use of responsive web design;
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such asGIT or subversion.