Technical and User System Support Analyst/ 1st line support(36534611)
£25,000 - £30,000 pro rata – Part time – 30 hours per week
Technical and User System Support Analyst/ 1st line support/case management software/ CMS support
Location: Derby city Centre with travel to Burton, Swadlincote and Ashby
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 pro rata – Part time – 30 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity due to growth and the recent implementation of a new CMS system within the business, we are recruiting for a system support analyst to support approx. 50 internal users, you will be offering broad support services across 1st and 2nd line responsibilities in the legal sector. You will have experience of working with suppliers directly and maintaining the computer systems, all applications and records.
Are you a proactive and forward-thinking individual with the focus of driving a business forward? You will not only be hands on you will also train staff at all levels in a constructive, effective and productive manner.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for all PCs, printers, photocopiers, franking machines, telephones, and other electronic equipment.
- Work with the supplier’s IT department to support, manage and maintain servers, network, communication links and the infrastructure as necessary. Work within budgets
- Maintaining and managing telephone system and telephone numbers.
- Develop and support all applications such as: Tikit Partner CMS system for Windows (P4W) and its integrations; Microsoft Office365; and others.
- Liaise with hardware / software suppliers and continuing support contractors in obtaining prices and quotations for equipment and services as required. Placing orders if agreed by the Systems Manager.
- Be proactive in offering quality I.T. training, support and guidance to all staff ensuring good working practices are adhered to, resulting in an efficient and streamlined service.
- Update and review policies on an annual basis relating to I.T., to include but not limited to Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Information Management and Facilities, Data Protection, e-mail and Internet.
- Ensure compliance with the GDPR, Health & Safety Regulations, Lexcel audit process. CJSM requirements. etc.
- Promote best practice when and where possible.
- Maintain professional standards at all times.