Strategic Economics Analyst – ( Data / GreenBook / Economics / Risk / Reporting)(41025830)
£350 per day
Strategic Economics Analyst – ( Data / GreenBook / Economics / Risk / Reporting)
Inside IR35 – £350 per day
Location – London, Bristol, Manchester with remote working opportunities
Jumar require the services of a Strategic Economic Analyst, working closely with the business operations side of the Strategic Planning and Performance team you will be responsible for the production and provisions of high-quality economic analysis, ranging from assessing the viability of new projects and programmes through benefits modelling to evaluating the benefits realisation for existing programmes of work. You will also deliver strong analysis on organisational management information to support performance management, business planning and internal reporting.
- Perform functions of cost-benefit analysis, evaluation and benefits modelling to support day to day programme management and the delivery of business cases as part of government fiscal events, such as the Spending Review, and offer expert economic advice to the business on achievability and quality of assumptions.
- Support the production and delivery of analysis as part of corporate reporting for performance and risk management, or business planning.
- Support input into the Outcome Delivery Plan, working with colleagues across wider Government and Digital, Data and Technology function as necessary
- Support the establishment a strong benefits realisation function within the department to evidence the delivery of tangible savings and benefits for government and the general public
- Provide general expert advice to the business in-year, assessing the economic viability of projects and delivery
You will have strong analytical and interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a collaborative manner. You will be experienced in dealing and communicating with stakeholders of varying levels of seniority, and in adapting their analysis and communication for different audiences.
In this role you’ll require:
- Knowledge of the government green book principles and experience in applying them in practice
- Experience in performing high quality economic analysis swiftly in a fast-moving, high-profile environment
- Ability to communicate expert economic advice in a simple and understandable way and adapt communication for various types of audiences
- Experience of building and maintaining effective working relationships across an organisation, and operating successfully in a complex stakeholder environment with competing interests
- Experience of balancing changing priorities and dealing with ambiguity, prioritising resources even where hard choices are required
- Previous experience working in economics roles and/or qualification in economics