Superb Salary/Package, Flexible/Home working
An experienced Node.js/React Developer is required for a permanent opportunity.
The role will predominantly be based working remotely with 1-2 days per week based at the client site at either Reading, Halifax or Kent.
The Node.js/React Developer will operate as part of a multi-disciplinary team, within one of the product delivery teams – they will follow best practices for software engineering and contribute towards continuously improving the processes, standards and tools used for delivery. They will work with IT Service to support the continuous integration and delivery approach, including automated deployment of software into production, and manage the resolution of incidents for software they own.
The Developer will be confident in coordinating with the Lead Engineer, able to deputise their role to cover absence.
- Back End – .Node.js
- Supporting technology skills – Gitlab, AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenText, Mulesoft, and Terraform
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Expert in at least one technology domain
- Experience in Agile software development methodology / methodologies
- Ability to use TDD and automated testing
- Ability to setup a development project from scratch
- Understanding of code quality and ability to setup appropriate tooling
- Ability to set up a standard CI/CD pipeline
- Understand the importance of containerisation
- Mentoring skills with experience in mentoring and supporting engineers in Agile software development teams
- Understanding of secure coding standards and practices
- Understanding of Agile working practices, Continuous Integration, GIT Flow, modern development (.Net/Java) patterns and practices