Software Development Lead / Project Manager(41002835)
Competitive Package/Superb Bens - Please enquire
An accomplished, Software Project Manager is required to join a thriving Software Engineering team in the West Midlands.
The role will be a mix of remote and office based in the West Midlands.
Reporting into the Development Director, you will have 8-15 Direct Reports.
The Software Development department is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining an award-winning range of software products.
The Software Project Manager will manage one of our client’s development teams and all development activity within; the multi-disciplinary teams consist of Business Analysts, Developers and Testers.
This role is focused on people – and project management; the role does not require technical/coding skills, but does require experience of software engineering patterns and practices.
You will manage, motivate, and develop individuals into a highly performing team by ensuring the team has the skills and behaviours to achieve its goals; you will develop performance and talent by ensuring team members are equipped to achieve success within their roles.
You will need to plan and allocate resource to multiple concurrent projects and workstreams. You will manage the team to deliver project commitments, highlighting impediments in good time for them to be resolved and project brought back in line.
You will provide regular transparent updates to project managers and stakeholders.
- People management, including recruitment, induction 1-to-1s, appraisals, personal development reviews, performance management, approving timesheets, leave requests, absence management. Identify skills and training needs. Getting the most out of individuals, mould them into a highly performing team
- Project/resource management. Delivery projects to meet budgets and deadlines. Ensure Service Level Agreements are met
- Management reporting, including team metrics/KPIs such as SLA compliance and lead time
Skills & Experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven experience successfully managing software development teams and projects
- Familiarity with both Waterfall and Lean (Agile/Kanban) methodologies
- Good commercial awareness
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- Strong client, project sponsor and stakeholder relationship skills
- A person with drive, energy and a proven ability to plan and build a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work alone and with other people
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about technology
- Adopting best-practice guidelines, and influencing and implementing continuous improvement for processes and systems
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Public Holidays
- 5 additional Annual Leave days after 5 years’ service
- After 1 additional day Annual Leave for each full year up to a maximum of 5
- Long Service Award after every 5 years = 1 months’ salary.
- Pension Scheme – Employee 1% – Company 2%
- Salary Sacrifice Company Car Scheme for all perm employees
- Salary Sacrifice Childcare Vouchers for all perm employees
- Flexible Working
- Free Parking
- Free Annual Flu Jabs
- The environment is relaxed with a casual dress policy
- Lots of social things going on to such as Social Committee, work paid lunches, monthly nights out, Football Team, Cinema etc.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more, please contact Jackie Dean at Jumar TODAY!