Server & SAN Technician (Storage, HPE ProLiant, HP, Hyper-V)(BBBH7613)
£30000 - £35000 per annum + 25 days holiday, Pension
This is a truly superb opportunity for a bright and driven Server & SAN Technician with some server/storage experience who wants to develop, and join a multi-award winning IT company at a particularly boyant time.
The succesful candidate will have ample experience at Enterprise level, ideally with some HP/Nimble experience; and you will be comfortable working with the physical hardware.
This opportunity would be ideal for someone who has experience working with physical server hardware who is looking to move longer term into a role working with Cloud based systems – most of the servers are HPE ProLiant / Hyper V so experience in these areas is very useful.
Experience in some of the following is required:
- Technical experience in Windows Server 2012/2016, Hyper-V, VMware, Hyper converged technologies, SAN Storage.
- Physical server build and configuration with HPE ProLiant servers.
- Experience of working in pressurised environment with complex design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to build and maintain virtual environments from the ground up ‘unassisted’.
- Backup & Recovery – HPE VTLs, Group Policy, PowerShell.
- Other Desirable: Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Microsoft Azure/O365.
- Microsoft Exchange.
- Experience in Skype for Business and O365 desirable.
- Assist the Solutions Architect and Senior Management Team with setting up and maintaining key Customer environments and systems.
- Continue the development of the virtual platform which sits on a Microsoft Hyper-V platform in multiple datacentres and on-board new clients when appropriate into the secure environment (practical hands on approach will be required).
- Assist the business in the strategic and operational development of IT Services
- Support and liaise with BAU operational teams after implementation or assist in complex issues.
- Scoping and implementing upgrades to new and existing platforms.
- Providing pro-active support & continuous improvement across all solutions.
- Troubleshooting & problem solving technical issues or proving technical advice as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most innovative, multiple award winning and fastest growing technology companies in the UK – Please forward your application now for an immediate response – Our client can interview and hire ASAP!
Job Reference: BBBH7613
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + 25 days holiday, Pension
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: Will wait notice