Java Technical Solutions Architect (Digital, Cloud, Agile)(BBBH6990)
£70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Life Assurance etc
A market leading insurance software house are recruiting for a full time Technical Solutions Architect with Java development experience to join a thriving and expanding Digital Research & Development team in Central London.
You will be responsible for the technical delivery of solutions – new and existing. You will work closely with clients to capture and document their requirements; transforming these into groups of functional and non-functional product requirements and solution configuration tasks.
As Technical Solution Architect, you will also work on the codebase for certain tasks related to technical solution delivery and attend Product Development Reviews and design sessions to explain core feature requirements to the product team, especially where core product changes are required.
You will collaborate at all levels of the design and development lifecycle, from direct communications with business stakeholders and clients to detailed design and coding tasks.
It is therefore critical that you are passionate about remaining hands on with end-to-end Java programming and development (including code reviews, de-bugging etc.).
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in Solution or Technical Architecture
- Hands on programming experience with Java and it’s related technology stack
- Experience creating solution diagrams such as sequence diagrams, flowcharts, swim lane diagrams. Accustomed to drawing solutions onto a whiteboard
- A simplifier. Able to consider multiple solution approaches and rationalize benefits and drawbacks
- Experience working in an iterative or Agile delivery environment
- Experience working with html, css and js or js frameworks
- Experience with Atlassian product suite (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and solution documentation tools
- Cloud Infrastructure and SAAS experience useful, but not essential
- Deep dive insurance domain in life assurance industry
- Experience designing solutions and new capabilities on a life assurance platform product
- Leading the team through development decisions
In return, our client can offer an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, along with the following benefits:
- Attractive Annual Performance Bonus
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance Cover
- Critical Illness Cove
- Global Business Travel Cover
- Employee Salary Self Sacrifice Child Care Vouchers
- Employer Pension Scheme
If you meet the above criteria; please submit your application by Friday 28th June 2019 to be considered.
Job Reference: BBBH6990
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Life Assurance etc
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: Will wait notice