£40000 - £50000 per annum
Fantastic opportunity for Network Engineer to join a well established and growing business based in Coventry.
£40,000 – £50,000 dependent upon experience
As the Network Engineer you will be reporting to the IT Systems Engineering Manager in a newly formed team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day stability, improvements, network related projects and controlled changes of the clients Internal and Production networks across multiple sites and datacentres.
- Deploy, improve and modify network configuration including firewalls and switches as required by the business needs
- Assist the Network Analyst and support team with escalated problems
- Identify opportunities to improve our service to our customer base, so that SLA’s are exceeded, and customer feedback is consistently high
- Provide assistance to colleagues both within and outside of the Technical Operations team for any issues related to our application and platforms
- Improve on existing systems and capacity monitoring
- Adhere to all internal processes (change/incident/problem etc) as set out by the IT department
- Ensure all aspects of the system are adequately documented and reviewed
Skills / Attributes Required
- Strong Cisco Networking skills (ASA’s, Switches, Firepower(FTD) ) – CCNA or equivalent.
- Good extended network administration experience, Load balancers, VMWare, WAN, WLAN, and LAN configurations, network problem solving.
- SDWAN Experience (Juniper SRX )
- Excellent understanding of all DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP
- Experience working in a change control environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to interpret fault descriptions provided by customers or internal escalations and translate these into resolutions
- ITSM experience i.e. server desk plus
- Excellent communication Skills
- Configuration and support of VMWare ESX environments
If you have te skills and experience that our client is looking for then please apply for the role and we will be in touch.