IT Security Engineer(37301033)
Competitive Salary with Car Allowance and annual bonus
Role: IT Security Engineer
Location: Whitechapel London
Employment type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive with generous benefits
A Major insurance business based in central London are currently looking for IT Security Engineers to join their growing team. Working within an Infrastructure team you will be working towards raising the bar on security. The aim is to achieve this by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Proactively identify and reduce security risks.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and system security.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Consult with Developers and Product Managers to analyse and propose application security standards, methods, and architectures.
- Identify security solutions and implement a multi-layered defence to protect the networks.
- Familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws that apply to Microsoft and web-based applications.
- Ability to discover and patch Windows, SQL, XSS, CSRF, SSRF, authentication and authorization flaws, and other web-based security vulnerabilities (OWASP Top 10 and beyond).
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Knowledge of common authentication technologies including OAuth, SAML, CAs, OTP/TOTP.