Infrastructure Engineer – Monitoring/2nd Line/3rd Line/ AD/ VMWare(36529641)
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Fantastic opportunity for a permanent Infrastructure Engineer to join a growing and expanding business based in Coventry.
Role – Infrastructure Engineer – Monitoring/2nd Line/3rd Line/ AD/ VMWare
Location – Coventry
Salary – £30,000 – 35,000k
As the infrastructure Engineer your role will be to perform technical analysis of system issues and outages as they occur across customer enterprise networks, you will also perform research to troubleshoot and resolve the issue or, depending upon complexity, escalates the issue to higher-level systems administrators and network engineers. You will be responsible for researching and documenting various mitigation strategies, and must maintain current and thorough knowledge of customer technologies and their significance to customer operations.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages and performance alerts.
- Monitoring the Infrastructure, Servers and Applications
- Recognise, identify and prioritise incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organisational policies and operational impact.
- Collect and review performance reports for various systems, and report trends in hardware and application performance to assist senior technical personnel to predict future issues or outages.
- Monitor a wide variety of information and network systems that include, but are not limited to telecommunications circuits, LAN/WAN systems, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP systems, servers, storage, backup, operating systems and core applications.
- Experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers, storage and custom SaS application in an enterprise environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server and Linux operating systems.
- Experience monitoring VMWare clusters in high-availability environment.