Desktop Support SME(39721885)
£522 per day
Desktop Support subject matter expert (SME)
3-6 month contract
£522 per day inside ir35
Onsite + Remote
My client are looking for a Desktop Support SME for their Trading floor as they go through their workplace transformation. They are looking for a technical person with good soft people skills as they will be facing off to Traders & Sales people.
- 3+ year exposure to supporting Capital Markets in a Trading Environment.
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting Windows 7/10 hardware and software issues.
- Experience with ITIL concepts and best practices.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong basic technical skills with demonstrated ability to learn for the purpose of identifying trouble areas and suggest potential solutions.
- Experience installing and activating Market Data Applications (Bloomberg, Eikon / Reuters Dealing, E-Speed, Tradeweb, Broker Tec, FactSet).
- Experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Registry, Roaming Profiles, SCCM, Group Policy, Drivers, Anti-malware, and Hotfixes.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite and add-ins.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding and a fast moving environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
Direct Engagement Incident Resolution (75%)
- Provide day-to-day, client facing, technical, infrastructure, application, and systems support.
- Manage and lead major GTIS initiatives impacting the user experience and ensuring smooth delivery of projects to Front Office users.
- Take on the role of “Subject matter Expert”, for a suite of infrastructure related tools and desktop applications. Become a knowledge reference point for business users and colleagues.
- Interact with GTIS and business areas to ensure all changes are implemented with minimal impact on the user community.
- Stay prepared to quickly resolve or delegate any possible issue a user can have with technology, while adhering to risk management and best practices.
- Liaise between the Business, and IT teams like Market Data, Messaging, RTB and in-house developer teams to bring about speedy resolution.
- Manage escalations to resolution, freeing up user’s time to focus on their core responsibility.
Major and Minor Projects (25%)
- Undertake task and project work as directed by the business, application owners, and line manager.
- Pilot changes to our systems, providing direct feedback to stakeholders.
- Pro-actively investigate to improve the quality of the desktop estate and user experience.
- Engage Engineering teams as required, through proper Change Management, and risk awareness.
- Ensure the workstation estate has all required software, hot fixes, anti-malware.
- Ensure smooth major systems updates (hardware, operating systems, etc).
For consideration please send your most recent CV to Bradley.Large@jumar-solutions.com