Cloud Virtual Platform Specialist(37292758)
Cloud & Virtual Platform Specialist – £37,510 and £43,361
A rare and exciting new opportunity has become available for a Cloud & Virtual Platform Specialist to join a leading public sector client. As a Cloud and Virtual Platform Specialist you will be responsible for the day to day running, maintaining and evolving the platform to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the platform. You will have the opportunity to work in a forward thinking and fast paced technical environment.
To be successful…
- Proven ability to form effective working relationships with key customers, stakeholders and colleagues within a complex management structure.
- Demonstrates good planning and organisational skills to prioritise to meet deadline and cope with fluctuations in workload.
- Effective team working skills to ensure constructive use of everyone’s skills and experience within the team.
- A systematic and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrates an ability to develop, implement and improve processes.
Experience in understanding and supporting Cloud & Virtual Platforms solutions at 2nd/3rd line level with specific knowledge of:
- Cloud hosting solutions specifically Microsoft Azure and their respective IaaS, PaaS and SaaS products.
- Awareness of server / platform performance monitoring, analysis, capacity planning and troubleshooting tools, such as SCOM, Veeam and cloud-based monitoring solution, virtual platform solutions, such as VMware, Hyper-V and storage solutions, such as Netapp and Pure Storage.
- Managing multiple environment such as development, Staging, QA production etc whether physical, virtual or cloud base.
- Demonstrate automation and orchestration where possible in their day-to-day duties.
- On-premises and cloud-based back-up technologies.
- Scripting (desired Powershell)
- Supporting Windows Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Infrastructure Services such as DHCP/DNS
- VMware hypervisor
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience of continual service improvement, this includes: Life cycle management, Patch management, Capacity planningforecasting, Optimization, Problem management
Please call to confirm your application on 07841 930 819, and I will be happy to share the full job description.