Change Test Manager / Test Architect (Government, ISEB, Agile)(BBBH9141)
Market day rate, Outside IR35
CHANGE (Tech Programme) Test Manager (Test Architect)
LOCATION: London or Bristol – Work from home intially
DURATION: 12 months
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SC+ (SC Enhanced) security clearance is required – Must be eligible
The Change Test Manager will be responsible for supporting Programme and / or Project(s) during initiation, ensuring that they are set up for success and that the Agency’s Test Principles are followed. The Test Manager (Test Architect) will also support the procurement process ensuring that any 3rd party package(s) and / or service(s) being assessed is fit for purpose and aligns to the Agency’s Test Principles. They will be a strategic thinker and possess specialist technical skills in on or more of the following: test practices, test processes, test techniques and / or test tooling (e.g. automation, performance, CI/CD).
The Test Manager (Test Architect) will be accountable for the creation of the Test Approach along with promoting modern Agile Testing methods and Ways of Working. They will be responsible for all forms of Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing and Quality Engineering across multiple Delivery Teams within a Programme and / or Project(s). The Test Manager (Test Architect) will work closely with Product Owners, Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts, Software Engineers, 3rd Party Suppliers, End Users and other leaders.
- ISEB in software testing.
- Recent Government sector experience.
- Detailed knowledge of traditional and modern Agile testing methodologies (e.g. V-Model, Agile Testing Quadrant, Total Quality Engineering).
- Experience introducing new Agile ways of working (e.g. Continuous Integration, SCRUM, Kanban, Behaviour Driven Development, Test Driven Development, Session Based Testing User Story Mapping, 3 Amigos etc.).
- Understand how modern automation techniques and frameworks can be applied to deliver efficiencies throughout the E2E testing process (e.g. Automation Pyramid, Key Word Driven, Continuous Integration, Cross-Browser, Cross-Platform, Page Object Model etc.).
- Experience empowering and supporting others to implement quality performance testing solutions across different technologies (e.g. Browser, Middleware, Client Server, Mobile Device, Network, BI etc.) using a selection of tools (e.g. LoadRunner, JMeter, Stormrunner, Blazemeter etc.).
- Knowledge of different performance testing types, scenarios and profiles (e.g. Client-Side Load, Server-Side Load, Normal Load, Peak Load, Stress Load, DB Volumes etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of modern test management and ALM tooling (e.g. Jira, Zephyr, Azure DevOps, MTM etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of Functional, Non-Functional Testing and E2E Testing (e.g. Unit, Component Integration, System, System Integration, Business Integration, User Acceptance, Implementation, Security, Penetration, Resilience, DR, Performance, Regression etc.)
To be considered, please submit your application no later than Monday 27th July 2020.