BI Developer (MS Stack, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)(BBBH7618)
Letchworth Garden City
£40000 - £45000 per annum + WFH, on-site parking, annual bonus
BI Developer (MS Stack, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
We are one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK and specialise in contracting, residential development and property support. We are currently going through a large strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts/technologies of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this transformation we are recruiting for key new roles across the IT estate. We offer an agile and flexible working environment with working from home being encouraged. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance. We look to always future proof our staff, adopting the latest working practices and technologies.
We have recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and we are the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.
In this instance we are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our busy in-house application services team. We are looking for somebody with full SQL stack experience (SSIS / SSAS / SSRS).
Experience with Power BI would be preferable but is not essential. The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Developer will include: –
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements to deliver high quality and accurate analysis to our business
- Build on our existing data platform to integrate new requirements and scale out the data platform following best practice
- To offer an holistic view of data across the company and give guidance to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to application and reporting database structure when required
- Structure data models to support the analysis required by the business
- To have experience in and to understand BI products, methods and processes (preference for Power BI and SSRS or Business Objects, but not essential)
- Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
Key skills / Responsibilities
- Delivery of technical projects.
- Business Objects / Power BI / SSRS or other BI Product
- SQL server Management Studio
- MS BI Stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Knowledge of views/stored procedures/functions
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Efficient and sustainable use of all project resources.
- Working within a matrix management structure.
- Supply Chain Management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non-technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB Testing Techniques
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
Reasons to Join
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including;-
- On site parking
- Flexible/remote working
- Company pension scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Life assurance, discounted private medical cover
- Incentive/bonus schemes (10% annual bonus)
- Employee trade discounts
- Pluralsight and MSDN accounts
- Microsoft and BCS certifications/personal development plans
We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognise and reward your achievements.
Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
Please apply now if you’d like to explore this opportunity further. For a confidential discussion you can call – 07500 609 314
Job Reference: BBBH7618
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + WFH, on-site parking, annual bonus
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: