£45000 - £49000 per annum
BI Developer – Power BI – Stockport – Immediate Start
A market leading business based in Stockport are currently looking for a BI Developer to join their growing team on a permanent basis. Joining the business at an exciting time, as they continue to grow internally and strengthen their data and reporting functionality.
As part of an agile data management team responsible for all SQL Server and ETL processes within Business Intelligence, Development and Infrastructure. The core of this role will be in the creation of innovative reports and dashboards for use within the business working closely with both engineers in the data team and reporting leads distributed across the business.
- Develop Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS) and will have experience using in Power BI for data visualisation
- Anticipate issues and risks at the module level and escalate appropriately.
- Engage in their peer review processes.
- Meet demand and hit development deadlines.
- Communicate development decisions beyond your local team by sharing with their Data & Product community to ensure alignment and prevent repetition across developments.
- Contribute to, and improve, their Reporting Framework.
- Develop, document, consume and support maintainable, reusable BI components with a multi-market platform vision in mind.
- Grow your skillset and share your knowledge with other developers to support their High-Tech High Touch business strategy.
- High-level of skill and experience with Power BI
- Excellent communication skills – stakeholder management
- Skilled in data management and presentation tools.
- Strong understand of current BI concepts
- Strong analytical and numerical skills – able to summarise data issues quickly and accurately
- Mentoring colleagues in areas of expertise.
- Strong SQL development experience (using either U-SQL / SQL)
- Expert in Data Warehousing, ETL development using U-SQL and SSIS.
- Experience of data visualisation tools – Power BI
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Azure data platform
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Understanding of developments in cloud based BI technologies (Data Lake, Azure Data Factory).
Immediate interviews and start available, get in touch for more details.