AWS Data Engineer(37297291)
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Data Engineer / AWS Data Engineer / AWS / Data Solutions / Agile / DevOps / Lambda / Python / Data Modelling / Permanent / Leeds / £40k-£45k per annum
JOB TITLE: Data Engineer
SALARY: £40,000-£45,000 per annu, + benefits
LOCATION: Leeds (Mixture of onsite and remote working)
Our leading client are looking for a Data Engineer with a solid background working with AWS. You will form part of the clients Infrastructure and IT function, working closely with the entire engineering team you will take ownership of their existing Data Platforms. Built within AWS and GCP and utilising technologies such as Redshift, Athena, Lambda, Python, Googles Natural Language Processing Engine and AWS Quick Sight. You will bring a solid mix of data management/modelling within AWS.
Skills and experience required for the role:
• Demonstrable expertise in Data Management within the AWS Technology Stack
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Creative and forward thinking with the ability to think outside the box
• Ability and desire to embrace new technologies and ways to utilise these within the role
• A strong awareness of GDPR and data security, being able to design security into solutions.
• Scripting skills with experience and knowledge of the various libraries to aid in data processing
• A Strong understanding in Relational Database Principles
• Demonstratable experience in the transfer and management of data using cloud based ETL principles
• Querying, aggregation and transformation of data using SQL
• Demonstrable expertise in Python with experience of using the following libraries: Numpy, Pyspark
• An expert user of AWS for Data Management and Engineering utilising
• Experience working with Data Lakes and Data Warehouses hosted in AWS
• Previous experience working on data management / transformation projects
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your latest CV in a word format to be considered.