3rd Line Support Engineer (Firewalls, SQL, SCCM, Azure/AWS)(BBBH7714)
£38000.00 - £40000 per annum
3rd Line Support Engineer (Firewalls, SQL, SCCM, Azure/AWS)
We are one of the largest privately owned Managed Service Providers in the UK. With 500 staff, turnover approaching £100m, and an impressive technical capability which is underpinned by elite partnership accreditation’s from world-leading vendors such as Microsoft, Fortinet and Vodafone.
With a local presence and national reach, we support customers from single site to 700 plus, evolve from legacy technology environments to cutting-edge ‘benefit rich’ solutions. We are well established with over 25 years’ experience and recognised nationally as a leading IT Services company.
To provide third line professional technical support for our Managed Service customers with the aim to fix all incidents passed to you from 2nd line. This will be achieved by effective troubleshooting and diagnosis of more complex incidents which cannot be resolved by 2nd Line.
You will also be required to perform a variety of proactive tasks which will help maximise customers uptime, perform root cause analysis and prevent reoccurring issues. Tasks will include, resolving more complex monitoring alerts, deploying the latest security updates, systems maintenance and upgrading customer systems. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest leading edge technologies in a support environment that promotes systems and service excellence.
- Networking Routing/Switching
- Network Load balancers – Netscaler/F5
- Network Wireless
- Server Hardware
- VMware vSphere
- MS Windows Server Hyper-V
- Storage – SAN/NAS
- Active Directory
- Exchange / O365 Exchange
- Lync Skype for Business
- Sharepoint Admin
- Antivirus Admin
- Citrix Xenapp / desktop
- Backup Admin – Veeam/Others
- Security/Ethnical Hacking
- Dealing with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Taking ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Taking ownership for the end to end management of your queue
- Accurately logging incidents and incidents, categorising and prioritising them in line with service operations procedures
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact fault resolution
Reasons to Join/Benefits
- Shifts (1-6 weeks Monday to Friday, 9 – 5.30pm, 7th Week – 3pm – 10pm, 7th Week – X1 Saturday or Sunday with a day to be taken off in the week)
- 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service
- Flexible/Remote working
- Latest Technologies
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Retail discounts and other perks
- Pension Scheme
If this opportunity is of interest please apply now. To find out more about this opportunity call 07500 609 314 for a confidential discussion.
Job Reference: BBBH7714
Salary: £38000.00 - £40000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: