The client needed
A team of software developers for a number of projects, skilled in both mainstream Java development and also the legacy software development tool CA Gen.
The team would be aligned to Capgemini’s working practices and company culture and must be able to ‘hit the ground running’.
The Assessment Days were held over a three-week period and were organised by Jumar’s Birmingham-based recruitment team. The days involved a range of written and practical tasks to assess the ‘whole person’ and give a strong indication of technical capability and cultural fit with the Capgemini working dynamic.
This was underpinned by the use of ThomasTM assessments, which gave a thorough insight into the candidate’s logical reasoning and mental agility using a range of scientifically proven assessments carried out under controlled conditions.
A Bespoke Academy
Successful candidates were then selected for a more formal interview process, with 7 being finally enrolled onto at 12-week training academy organised by Jumar and held at specially designed training premises at Jumar’s main base in the West Midlands.
The Academy followed a syllabus designed by Jumar’s in-house software development experts, many of whom have worked directly with Capgemini over the years, ensuring an effective alignment to the projects and their ultimate aims.
An Employed Consultant Model
In this case, the graduates remained Jumar employees under our Employed Consultant Model. This provided them with an excellent start to their career allowing them to work on large, long-term projects with Capgemini, and substantial opportunities for further challenging assignments.
The client benefited by experiencing no increase in permanent headcount as well as no additional HR overhead or other associated costs. They also had the reassurance that the resources would be on-site for at least twelve months.
- Removes the client’s headache of identifying, selecting, testing and interviewing candidates for a number of specific projects
- Resources guaranteed to have appropriate skills and be available within an agreed timescale
- Low cost of training, due to Jumar’s existing relationships with training providers to supplement our own training capability
- Confidence: Candidates are assessed by proven assessments, and by Jumar’s team of technical experts
- Graduates are carefully managed by Jumar, ensuring a smooth transition into working life
- No increase in permanent headcount, as resources are employed by Jumar
Hear what Firdows Mulla, one of the academy intakes, thought about the academy and how her career has developed since completing the training in our Graduate Profile Case Study.